Thursday, July 17, 2008

Emily the COW

"Emily?....Like the cow?"
This was the first question I was asked by the children when I arrived at the farm. Not sure if emily was Swahili for cow...or if they were just making fun of me. They were correct though the cow on the farm's name is Emily. So for the past 5 days when the kids forget my name I remind them y asking them what the cow's name is.

Last night when Darren, Jerram and I arrived back to the boys dorms, Charles ran up to me with an envelope, I quickly opened it and to my surprise out dropped a cow charm/bead. I am not sure were they found the bead but the boys were very proud of it and that little bead means so much to me now. These boys have little to nothing and yet they are staying up late writing us letters and scrounging for little tokens to give us.

I will write more later, because we are without power and the battery is about to die.

I will share a few of their lettrs when I am able to get back on.

Until then-em

2 comments:

Mom said...

You will never look a cow the same way again!! Each day just keeps getting better doesn't it? Love to all of you and the children, Mom

K Creeger said...

OMG I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!