Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Words of Encouragement.

I have had the privilege of delivering many letters from sponsor families in Irving and delivering them to the students over the last few days. Because of that, I have become the unofficial post master, receiving several letters to bring back with me. A few of the boys have picked up on this, and come up with a clever scheme. Paul, has written me several letters of encouragement and just today brought two more letters...one for my daughters Laura and Kate, and one for my wife Buffy. Paul has never met them, but I did show him photos of them on my iPhone. He delivered those letters and asked me tonight if I could email them. (We've been talking a lot about the internet and such, so he has just put two and two together.) Anyway, I thought that these were too good not to be shared. Keep in mind that Paul was living on the streets, stealing for food, sniffing glue to forget his hunger pains and sleeping on the dirt just 12 months ago. Read and be blessed.


Dear Buffy,
How are you doing? I hope you are doing fine. My name is Paul. Darren is my best friend. I told him my story. I love you in Christ and I pray for you every night even though you are not my sponsor. God loves you very much. God made you to be His. You are God's idea. Heaven and Earth will pass away but the name of Christ will never pass away. Love Paul.


Dear Laura and Kate,
How are you doing? I am fine here at MITS. Darren has shown me your picture. I have told him my life history. I hope he will tell you my story too. God loves you very much. When I went to bed, I prayed for you and your mother. God made you special in his eyes. He made you, so you are God's idea. Your friend, King Paul.


Thank you Paul for reminding us how we should be talking to one another.

2 comments:

Buffy said...

Dear Paul,

Your words are an encouragement to me. I know that God placed you at MITS and He is providing all that you need in body, mind and spirit and I am very thankful that you are there. I prayed for you today, and will each day. God loves you and knew all his plans for you even before you were born. His plans for you are great! Love, Buffy



Dear Paul,

We are honored that you pray for us. We know that God hears your prayers for us. We pray for you every day. We are glad that you are safe at MITS and the people there are teaching you about God. God loves you and will always be with you. Hope you are having fun with my Dad and his friends. God Bless You. Love, Laura and Kate

Grandma Helen said...

Dear Jerram and Emily,
It's exciting to read your blogs! Glad you are including me!
What a different world you are in.
I trust 9 of those street boys will come to the farm and become useful citizens, and even more Christians!
I love you and what you are doing
Love
Grandma Helen