Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Last Day :-(

Its a really sad day at Kamulu, made more dreary with the light rain and overcast skies this morning. We all said our good-byes during chapel and have exhanged letters with many students. I am happy to be getting back to Texas to see my family, but still reluctant to leave knowing I'll miss the relationships I've built with many of the students and staff. Everyone here works very hard every day to keep things running, and I would like to stay and help. I have been thinking about some things this morning and will try to sum my experience up in a few major points.

1. God is bigger than we think.
2. Miracles still happen on a daily basis.
3. The parables about the one lost sheep and the prodical son are real.
4. Everyone should visit Africa once in their lives to gain perspective.
5. I shouldn't have waited 39 years to come to Africa.
6. A smile and a friendly nod is part of the "universal" language everybody knows.
7. We don't need 9/10th's the stuff we think we need.
8. I hope that God will lead me back to visit MITS at some point in my life.
9. I have been blessed beyond my expectations and beyond what I deserve.
10. I do not want to spend the next 24 hours sitting in a plane.

We leave today at 10pm Kenya time and arrive at DFW on Friday at 6:00pm. I am sure we'll have some follow up posts once we hit US soil. Pray for our safe travels.

3 comments:

MITS Staff said...

With all the believe I have in God. darren,terem & Emily have agood flight back home in the Lords leading, thats all our prayer is. say high to everyone back home. we will miss you agreat deal.God bless you all to bless us another day . this SIMON MARTINE .science, Bible,Math,educator

K Creeger said...

This was such a fabulous blog. Out of control cool. Very thought provoking. I can't wait to see all of you and hear the stories that you did not blog- and see even more pictures.
Fabulous job. I hope your trip home is "uneventful"!

Unknown said...

"I have been blessed beyond my expectations and beyond what I deserve."

That, my friend, is what makes grace so amazing. :)