Thursday, July 10, 2008

This little light of mine....

It is now almost 8:30 a.m. and I am completely packed. Well almost my daughter is drawing a few pitcures to take with me. I have e few last minute things I have to take care of before leaving for 21 days, sitting here in my living room 21 days sounds like an eternity, but I know once I am in Africa it is going to seem like 21 minutes.

Last night the 3 of us went to South MacAuthur Church of Christ, to meet a group of Elders from the church. This was my second encounter with the wonderful people from South Mac, as Jerram was thanking the group for opening it's doors and arms to 2 complete strangers ( he and I) and sending us across the globe to carrry out this mission it hit me yet again... God is good. After the Bar-B-Q at Tim's house a few months back and meeting the Coulston's and some of the people who have gone over to MITS in the past I was excited and ready to go. Now that the day has come and again being around some of the people who have gone over last night-I can't wait!!! It is amazing to watch the peoples' faces light up when they talk about everything over at MITS, I hope I return with such the glow...As the old song goes, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let in shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine..."

As a Christian I know I am supposed to shine to all, but as a human it is sometimes hard and my light goes dim from time to time...one of my goals for the next 21 days is to really focus on my inner light(spirituality) and come back with and stronger glow.





1 comment:

Mom said...

I love you!! Mom