Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today = Brick Wall

Beating. Beating. Beating. Beating. Beating.

Everything I touched today broke. It started this morning at at church trying to record the singing and didn't stop until this evening when I spilled spaghetti down the front of my shirt. I think I might have actually created more problems than solutions. I am really frustrated. I didn't have the tools I needed. I didn't have the access I needed. I certainly didn't have the patience I needed.

I am not asking for sympathy, so please don't feel obligated to post a comment to this post. I am just needing to let off some steam. I was thinking that it might be wrong to smash a computer or yell out loud in frustration on a mission trip, so I will just refer back to Rule #1 which was... BE PATIENT.

As an aside, once I figured out this morning that Audacity wasn't recognizing the USB microphone, I did have the presence of mind to close the laptop lid and immerse myself in the singing. I didn't want to miss hearing the voices singing, hands clapping, and see the faces smiling. That cannot be captured and taken back home. That one hour of singing made the entire day worthwhile.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankfully, tomorrow is another day - and the WILDEBEEST are ready for their close-ups, Mr. DeMille!

In the meantime, you might enjoy this post I ran across the other day.

Have a safe - and fabulous - safari. We'll all be on the edge of our seats waiting to hear about it, so make sure you take good, thorough mental notes. :)

K Creeger said...

:)

iris said...

Darren,
I have an idea for "Mission Day" at So.Mac. It will be in Oct. If we have footage of the MITS kids singing up on the big screen, the congregation can sing along with them. Suggestions 1.A "female led" song such as the ones Millie or Mercy leads. 2. A simple Swahili song 3. "Song of My Soul"
Who knows...maybe our So.Mac Women's praise team could sing "with" the MITS Women's Praise Team. I hope Millie & Maureen's quartet sang for your Sunday worship...special stuff.
iris
PS
Good call on closing the laptop and "breathing in the music".