Friday, July 11, 2008

What I have learned while traveling so far...

What I have learned from this trip so far is....
1. BE PATIENT
2. That being crammed next to the window at 3:00 a.m can be the most beautiful place on the planet (I saw the sun come up over the Atlantic at 35000 feet-I wanted to take pictures of the colors, but i couldn't get Jerram to move)
3. That the term "pound" in London is a good thing
4. I have learned that someone very small designed the interior of even that largest airplanes. ( Being 6'3'' the fit is quite tight)
5. And I have learned that even though Stewards and Stewardess are supposed to be the billboard for Customer Service-that does not always mean that they are NICE...God Bless them all, I would not want their job!

We are heading to gate 14 now to get on our plane to Nairobi, 8 more hours and we are there. Hopefully we are going to get some much needed rest on this leg, because when we land it will be 6:00 a.m the begining of a work day at MITS...Can't wait!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Glad you did make a flight out last night to London. Today would have been really long if you had to "kill" time all day. Love you and I'll ready this to the kids and show them you photo. Love, Mom

Copelands said...

Darren, I can't wait to see all of the fabulous photos that will come our way from you. Prayers and good wishes from me to you. Carol Copeland